In today’s fast paced world, it’s essential to be able to nourish yourself and your loved ones with delicious hassle-free food. If you’re time-poor - juggling work and home life, let alone everything in between - this course will be your new friend with benefits. Over two and half days, you’ll be armed with a repertoire of quick and tasty dishes that’ll making home cooking both attainable and enjoyable within your busy life.
What you’ll learn
- Quick and easy kitchen staples with masses of flavour: breads, starters, main courses, salads and scrumptious puddings
- Ways to adapt the recipes to suit conservative or adventurous tastes
- Forward planning to alleviate last minute stress
- Invaluable ways to save time while cooking
- Our tips for store cupboard essentials, for those fraught occasions when you haven’t had a chance to do a ‘big shop’ and have very little time available to prepare something
- A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
- Three demonstration sessions, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirror and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
- Two practical, hands-on sessions in the kitchens, where you can cook 2-4 dishes from each demonstration. With a high teacher to student ratio of 1:6, there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience. Let your teacher know if there are specific techniques you’d like to master, as seen in the demonstrations
Good to know
- Breakfast and lunch included; eat alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners
- Often you’re able to watch the cows being milked, the sourdough loaves being made and gather produce for the days cooking with the gardeners
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Accommodation available within our grounds and close by.
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.