- Course fees must be paid for in advance, no less than 4 weeks prior to the beginning of a short course, 8 weeks for the 12-week course. If the applicant fails to comply with this condition, the school cannot guarantee a place.
- The school shall be under no liability whatsoever, for any loss, injury or damage to students or their property, whether in respect of any neglect, act or omission by the school, its agents or employees.
- If a student wishes to cancel a course, we will make a full refund less deposit (10%), which will be retained to cover administration costs, provided that cancellation in writing reaches us not less than 4 weeks prior to the start of the course.
- In instances where funding for a course has been provided by a third party or funding scheme, it may not be possible to provide a refund. However credit will be retained for future courses. In this instance credit may only be used by the origional purchaser of the course.
- The full booking fee will be returned if the school is unable to offer a place on the course for which the student wishes to enrol.
- If a student is considered by the Ballymaloe Cookery School to be unsuitable for any reason, the student may be required to leave, either immediately or within a specified time.
- Fees cannot be refunded if classes are missed through illness or for any other reason. 12-week certificate course students who have been absent for more than 15 days will be excluded from examinations.
- Unless otherwise stated all Ballymaloe Cookery School Cookery Courses are available only to people of 18 years or older. It may be possible to accommodate younger students with discussion with the school.
- Ballymaloe cookery school reserves the right, under unavoidable circumstances, to alter the timing or content of any course or of the curriculum and to substitute any teacher or instructor or to cancel a course at any time.
- Nothing in this policy will affect the customer’s statutory entitlements under the sale of goods and supply of services legislation.
If you have attended another cookery course in the past four years, please let us know and we will try to ensure that recipes are not repeated.
16 July 2015