Fermentation is and has always been an important part of a healthy diet. We have lost many of the traditional fermented foods that would have been part of our diet. Come and visit us and learn how to put these foods back into your familys diet.
In this afternoon demonstration, Penny Allen will show you how to make Sauerkraut, Kombucha and Water Kefir. You will leave with a jar of starter cultures for Water Kefir. Penny will demistify and remove the fear from making your own fermented foods in your kitchen at home.
What you'll learn about
- Why fermented foods are so important for our long term health
- How to introduce fermented foods into your family diet.
- How to make Sourkraut, Kombucha and Water Kefir
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- We run this course several times a year.
Check out what Penny is up to on her Instagram https://www.instagram.com/pennyporteous/
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.