THE BUSINESS OF FOOD ONLINE
The vital information needed to set up a viable, enjoyable Food Service Business
The online course runs 7th September - 18th November. Click on the link above for more information.
- Concept development
- Customer Segmentation
- Legal Obligations in Food Service
- Menu Planning
- Menu Costing and Pricing
- Menu Engineering
- Menu Design
- Food Quality Control Systems.
- Building an environmentally sustainable business.
- Managing overhead costs.
- Minimising Utilities costs.
- Recognising and eliminating Hidden Costs.
- Waste Management across the business
- Waste Management Systems.
- Kitchen Planning
- Kitchen Design/Flow – equipment needs
- Kitchen Operations Management Systems
- Dealing with chefs/cooks.
- Standard Recipes
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Order of Work System.
- Front of house design tips
- Counter Design/Flow /equipment needs
- All things Coffee
- Front of House Operations Management Systems
- Training Staff -requirements
- Service Skills for Front of House – best practice.
- COVID19 Regulations and their impact on operations management.
- Financial Controls and best practice in a food service business.
- Primary Cert in Food Safety – National Hygiene Partnership
- Bringing it all together.
- Blathnaid Bergin - The Restaurant Advisor
- Deirdre Coleman - Interior Design
- Dr.Detta Melia - Food Safety
- Anne Abberton - FIXX Coffee
- Ms. Amy O’ Leary – Marketing
The course format will be on zoom with discussion, research, video, case studies, practical sessions and presentations. The course will be delivered September 7th to November 18th 2020 which will facilitate off site work, research, planning and development. Students will be required to conduct offline research and complete assignments between sessions.
All notes will be in hard copy and will be sent to each student before each module.
Session One - Two hour introductory session as below.
Monday September 7th
Introductory Session 2-4pm
- The Course
- The Team
- The format
- The Admin
- Each other
Following sessions will take place weekly on
Monday afternoons 1.30-5.45pm
Tuesday mornings 9.00am-1.15pm
Up to and including November 18th
(With the exception of October Bank Holiday when sessions will be on Tuesday 27th afternoon and Wednesday 28th morning).
Subjects: Each four hour session will be divided into two subjects, for example
Menu Planning: 1.30-3.30pm
Coffee Best Practice: 3.45 –5.45 pm
Full Course timetable will be sent to each student with precourse pack.
''a must for anyone setting up a Food Business. The course is great and very easy to learn from- makes learning fun” Derek Nagle, Owner, The Marine Hotel, Ballybunion. April 2019
Who should do this course?
Anyone who is thinking of opening a cafe, restaurant, pub with food, coffee shop or any iteration of above.
'The best course I have ever done, and I have done a lot of courses. I honestly am unable to think of how this course could possibly be improved on' Lucille Boland, Coolanowle House, February 2019
‘It provides the nuts and bolts of food service business management suitable to anyone whether operating a business currently or simply testing the waters. Thanks so much for very valuable time spent. It exceeded my expectations’. Bill Hillyard, Owner, The Algiers Inn, Baltimore, Co. Cork.
How much does it Cost and What is included in the Price?
Includes a pre-course pack, all online training, notes, assignments, case studies and two one to one sessions with each participant during the course. A course folder will be built up as the course progresses and will be used in tandem with online sessions. The course will be as interactive as possible given the medium of delivery.
Students will be required to sign a confidentially clause to protect all of those taking part. All discussions on the online forum will be strictly confidential and in line with GDPR legislation.
Online material cannot be shared with those who are not attending the course and will be password protected.
Blathnaid Bergin will be available by email between sessions for support and clarification.
Up to 40% Skillnet funding may be available to Irish Residents
Please contact Siobhan at NOTS Skillnet at 0719640688 or email@example.com for more information.
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.