Fermentation is and has always been an important part of a healthy diet. We have lost many of the traditional fermented foods that would have been part of our diet. Come and visit us and learn how to put these foods back into your familys diet.
In this afternoon practical workshop, Penny Allen will show you how to make Sauerkraut, Kombucha and Water Kefir. You will leave with a jar of your very own sauerkraut and starter cultures for Kombucha and Kefir. Penny will demistify and remove the fear from making your own fermented foods in your kitchen at home.
What you'll learn about
- Why fermented foods are so important for our long term health
- How to introduce fermented foods into your family diet.
- How to make Sourkraut, Kombucha and Water Kefir
- A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
- Work with Penny in the kitchen and come home with your own Jar of Saurkraut ready to be eaten in 5 days!
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- We run this course several times a year.
Check out what Penny is up to on her Instagram https://www.instagram.com/pennyporteous/
Feeling productive - we’ve finally settled into the fermenting shed here @ballymaloecookeryschool ! Routines are in place and now have a bit of time and space to experiment! Hallelujah! The dehydrator’s getting a good bit of use and the shelves are filling up ðŸ˜#mariayouregreatbytheway #sauerkrautdays #waterkefir #kombucha #probioticgoodness #probioticcrackers #fermentedvegetables #livingfoods #happyguthappylife #goodgutfood #fermentingshed
A post shared by Penny Allen (@pennyporteous) on Oct 3, 2018 at 10:04am PDT
Please note this course begins at 2 pm with a tour of the farm and gardens here at Ballymaloe Cookery School before getting into the kitchen at 3pm.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.