This half day course gives you a tantalising taste of the Ballymaloe Cookery School and provides inspiration for anyone eager to cook a variety of seasonal dishes with greater confidence. In just a few hours, you will be given all the necessary techniques to work skillfully in the kitchen through a variety of hands-on demonstrations, all topped off by an informal dinner in the stunning surroundings of the Ballymaloe Cookery School where you get to enjoy the fruits of your labour.
What you’ll learn
- Great recipes to expand your repertoire, including bread, starters, salads, dressings, mains and puddings
- A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
Your Course Itinerary
- Please arrive 15 mins before the start time. We will have a cup of tea or coffee and some little treats available when you arrive.
- This course begins with a quick tour of our gardens and greenhouse, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with.
- Sit down for a hour long cookery demonstration featuring the essential techniques and tips you need to get going for the practical session.
- Next, make your way to one of our kitchens for a practical, fun-filled, hands-on session. Ingredients will be ready for you to prepare and get stuck in.
- The day finishes, with all students sitting down to a wonderful meal consisting of the selection of dishes cooked by everyone on the day. The meal finishes approx. 7pm.
Good to know
- Arrive early and allow time for a wander around our award winning gardens - entry is free for course participants
- You will be supplied with a pack of the course recipes for your ongoing reference
- Our shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients, 10% discount on all Cookery books purchased on the day, let us know if youd like your copy signed !
- Fresh seasonal produce from our farm is available to purchase in our shop.
- We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes in sync with the seasons
What do I need to bring?
Bring your own apron if possible.
What cooking skills are required for this course?
Our courses are designed to meet everyones needs from the complete beginner to the experienced cook. When you are in the kitchen cooking we will have one of our expert tutors close by to give you as much help as you need.
What if my plans change and I cant attend ?
We understand that things can crop up and sometimes people have to cancel their place, we allow you to allocate your space to a friend or family member at no extra cost right up to the day of the course.
If you think you may not be able to attend a course, please let us know as soon as possible and we will do our best to accommodate you at another suitable time. For full terms and conditions please see http://cookingisfun.ie/ballymaloe-cookery-school/terms-and-conditions
Got more questions?
Follow the link below for a full list of our Frequently asked questions
Feedback from Previous Students on this course
“This was a wonderful experience for the four of us. We haven't stopped smiling as we loved everything about the afternoon. We have bought a smoker so will be making hot oak smoked salmon this weekend. Can't wait! Thank you so much, we will be coming back.”
“Absolutely fabulous experience. Everyone was so friendly and welcoming and the staff showed great knowledge of food, nutrition skills and dishes. The Cookery School has a warm homely feel and is a thoroughly enjoyable experience regardless of cooking ability.”
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.