A small selection of perfectly made canapes can excite the taste buds before the meal, can replace a starter or can even be a meal in themselves. Say goodbye to lumps of cheddar cheese on cocktail sticks and tinned mushroom vol-au-vents and say hello to Smoked Salmon Spirals; Tiny Shepherd's Pie with Garlic Butter; Sweet Pea Guacamole on Warm Tortillas; Tiny Smoked Salmon Sandwiches; Lamb, Pork or Chicken Satay; Quail Eggs with Shrimps and Mayonnaise.......
In this intensive half-day demonstration you’ll learn how to prepare canapes that your guests will definitely be writing home about. You’ll also discover the latest trends in ‘mini-food’ and ‘small bites’ which includes everything from offering little cups of soup to oyster shooters. You will also get to enjoy a rather canapes orientated light lunch in the cookery school dining room. ..
What you’ll learn about
- How to make a wonderful selection of canapes.
- The importance of sourcing the best ingredients for the best results
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- How to dazzle with a beautifully created canape creation.
Your day at Ballymaloe Cookery School:
- We recommend you arrive at least 15mins before the class starts to give you time to relax with a cup of tea or coffee.
- On arrival you will be met by a member of staff who will give you a recipe pack, containing a printed recipe for each of the dishes you will see demonstrated.
- You will be shown to the demonstration room where you will join our certificate students to watch the magic unfold.
- The Cookery demonstration will show how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two TV screens showing close-up handiwork
- Our teachers will chat and answer your questions as they share their wealth of knowledge through expert tips and techniques
- At the end of the cookery demonstration you will get to taste the wonderful selection of dishes you've seen created.
- LUNCH - As part of this course you are invited to join our students and staff for a wonderful buffet lunch in our dining room. Lunch will be served after your course finishes.
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- We run this course several times a year
What if my plans change and I cant attend ?
We understand that things can crop up and sometimes people have to cancel their place, we allow you to allocate your space to a friend or family member at no extra cost right up to the day of the course.
If you think you may not be able to attend a course, please talk to us and our staff will do our best to accommodate you at another suitable time. For full terms and conditions please see http://cookingisfun.ie/ballymaloe-cookery-school/terms-and-conditions
Got more questions?
Follow the link below for a full list of our Frequently asked questions
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.