This half day course gives you a tantalising taste of the Ballymaloe Cookery School and provides inspiration for anyone eager to cook a variety of seasonal dishes with greater confidence. .
We offer advice on finding the best quality ingredients and presenting food attractively. This course is ideal for anybody who truly values the most important meal of the day, especially those in the guesthouse/bed and breakfast business.
What you’ll learn
The Irish breakfast is justifiably famous…sizzling rashers, juicy sausages, fried black and white pudding, free range eggs, sweet vine-ripened tomatoes, flavoursome mushrooms...and all the other classic ingredients.
Nonetheless, guests are now seeking more variety. They welcome a choice of dishes with fresh tastes such as . .
- freshly-squeezed juices,
- homemade breads,
- jams, preserves and marmalades,
- A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
Your Course Itinerary
- The course commences on Monday 3rd Feb at 1.00 pm, please arrive 15 mins before the start time. We will begin the day by joining our certificate students for a delicious lunch.
- Lunch finishes at 1:45pm and you will make your way to the demonstration room, where the course will commence.
- The room is equipped with overhead mirrors and TV screens so you will have a great view of the action.
- At the end of the demonstration , approx 4:45pm students will have the opportunity to taste all the dishes prepared during the course.
Good to know
- Arrive early and allow time for a wander around our award winning gardens - entry is free for course participants
- You will be supplied with a pack of the course recipes for your ongoing reference
- Our shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients, 10% discount on all Cookery books purchased on the day, let us know if youd like your copy signed !
- Fresh seasonal produce from our farm is available to purchase in our shop.
- We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes in sync with the seasons
What do I need to bring?
Nothing! This is a Cookery Demonstration - a pack containing the printed recipe for every dish will be given to you on arrival. This is yours to keep.
What cooking skills are required for this course?
This course is a cookery demonstration only, it is presented in a manner that will be suitable to everyone, including the most inexperienced cook.
What if my plans change and I cant attend ?
We understand that things can crop up and sometimes people have to cancel their place, we allow you to allocate your space to a friend or family member at no extra cost right up to the day of the course.
If you think you may not be able to attend a course, please talk to us and our staff will do our best to accommodate you at another suitable time. For full terms and conditions please see http://cookingisfun.ie/ballymaloe-cookery-school/terms-and-conditions
Got more questions?
Follow the link below for a full list of our Frequently asked questions
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.