As anyone who is coeliac, or who cooks for someone who has a gluten intolerance, will testify it can be challenging to produce really delicious, balanced meals. Help is to hand in the form of this intensive half-day course.
Here at Ballymaloe Cookery School we continue to add to our treasure trove of delicious gluten free recipes, so this year we are offering all new Gluten Free and Glorious course.
Suitable both for the newly-diagnosed coeliac, who has never baked before, as well as the more experienced cook. This course is ideal for those on a gluten-free diet who face the dilemma of longing to taste ‘real’ food.
You’ll learn about a whole range of tasty and easy-to-prepare dishes including gluten-free sweet and savoury pastry.
Suddenly, cooking for coeliacs will become a pleasure not a chore. Advice on alternative ingredients and lots of baking tips will help take the mystery out of successful gluten-free cooking.
What you’ll learn
A Selection of items that may be done on the course are below:
Gluten Free Soda Bread
Foccaccia Yeast Bread
Seedy Brown Soda Scone
Savoury and Sweet Pastry
Wow Chocolate Cake
- A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
Your Course Itinerary
- The course commences on Wednesday 5th Feb at 9.00 pm , we like to encourage our students to arrive 15 minutes before the course starts.
- After you've signed in, enjoy a cup of tea or coffee and nibble some freshly baked biscuits.
- Then we'll show you to a comfortable seat in our contemporary demo kitchen, fully equipped with overhead mirrors and screens.
- The demonstration will end at approx. 12:45pm and will be followed by full lunch which will include a tasting of all the items you learned about on the course.
- Lunch will be finished at approx 2pm.
Good to know
- Arrive early and allow time for a wander around our award winning gardens - entry is free for course participants
- You will be supplied with a pack of the course recipes for your ongoing reference
- Our shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients, 10% discount on all Cookery books purchased on the day, let us know if youd like your copy signed !
- Fresh seasonal produce from our farm is available to purchase in our shop.
- We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes in sync with the seasons
Dietary Requirements: Please let us know if you have any dietary requirements or food allergies such as vegetarian, gluten free, nut free etc.
What do I need to bring?
Nothing! This is a Cookery Demonstration - a pack containing the printed recipe for every dish will be given to you on arrival. This is yours to keep.
What cooking skills are required for this course?
This course is a cookery demonstration only, it is presented in a manner that will be suitable to everyone, including the most inexperienced cook.
What if my plans change and I cant attend ?
We understand that things can crop up and sometimes people have to cancel their place, we allow you to allocate your space to a friend or family member at no extra cost right up to the day of the course.
If you think you may not be able to attend a course, please talk to us and our staff will do our best to accommodate you at another suitable time. For full terms and conditions please see http://cookingisfun.ie/ballymaloe-cookery-school/terms-and-conditions
Got more questions?
Follow the link below for a full list of our Frequently asked questions
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.