Darina and Rachel Allen have presented many successful television series and produced dozens of best-selling cook books between them. They also love to entertain...
This two and a half day course promises to be one of the most entertaining, instructive and popular courses of the year. Watch and learn as Darina and Rachel have fun cooking together and sharing their favourite recipes for easy entertaining with you.
Then it’s your turn in the kitchen, with one tutor for every six students ensures an unusually high level of personal attention. You will also learn important tips and tricks to get the best out of the recipes and your ingredients.
Darina and Rachel’s recipes use many seasonal ingredients from the school’s organic farm and gardens. They will share a selection of fish, meat and vegetarian options for delicious appetisers, starters, mains and puds.
And don’t worry, you will be well fed! As well as having the opportunity to taste all the dishes prepared after each demonstration, you’ll enjoy a delicious lunch every day.
By the end of the course you will have mastered a whole new repertoire of recipes and techniques. You’ll return home confident to entertain with panache and just chill out, sip some bubbles and enjoy your guests!
Your time at Ballymaloe :
- We will welcome you to the Cookery School on the first day at 1.45pm with tea and coffee and registration. If you are staying in our student cottages on site, please arrive 30mins ahead to be checked in to your accommodation.
- On arrival you will be provided with a recipe pack containing printed recipes for all the dishes covered on the course.
- The Demonstration with Darina and Rachel will start at 2.00pm with a great selection of all kinds of entertaining recipes and a wide range of tips and tricks.
- Each morning begins with Breakfast at 8:30am for all our students. This is a time to enjoy the morning sunshine in our farm dining room and get ready for the day with a bowl of steaming hot porridge, jersey cream and local honey, freshly made bread and Irish farmhouse cheese and a nice strong cup of coffee.
- From 9am each day you will cook your selection of items under the watchful eyes of our teachers where you will learn the important tips to get the best out of the recipes and your ingredients.
- There will be a break for a full lunch in our dining room at approx 1pm.
- After lunch you can sit back and enjoy another wonderful cookery demonstration.
- By Thursday you will have mastered numerous new recipes and techniques.
Accommodation is available for this course in our onsite shared self catering cottages . For more information on our cottages please follow this link : http://cookingisfun.ie/ballymaloe-cookery-school/cookery-school-cottages
Please notify us of any special Dietary requirements, allergies etc at the time of booking
What do I need to bring?
Bring your own apron and knives, we have knives available on loan if you are unable to bring them.
What cooking skills are required for this course?
Our courses are designed to meet everyones needs from the complete beginner to the experienced cook. When you are in the kitchen cooking we will have one of our expert tutors close by to give you as much help as you need.
What if my plans change and I cant attend ?
We understand that things can crop up and sometimes people have to cancel their place, we allow you to allocate your space to a friend or family member at no extra cost right up to the day of the course.
If you think you may not be able to attend a course, please talk to us and our staff will do our best to accommodate you at another suitable time. For full terms and conditions please see http://cookingisfun.ie/ballymaloe-cookery-school/terms-and-conditions
Got more questions?
Follow the link below for a full list of our Frequently asked questions
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.