For the last few years some of the most fashionable and must-be-seen-in spots in LA, San Francisco, New York and London are tapas bars.
Because tapas offers a unique combination of taste and convenience making them perfect for home entertaining. There are literally hundreds of tapas and pinchos: classic tortilla a la patata, shavings of Serrano or lberico hams, chorizo with fino sherry, salt cod fritters with piquillo peppers, albondigas, kidneys al Jerez, bonita with anchovies, prawns with chilli and sea salt, pinchos moranos, queso con membrillo to name just some. For this course Darina Allen has chosen some of her favourites, which she has collected during her visits to Spain over the years.
A light lunch is included.
What you’ll learn about
- How to make a wonderful selection of of small tapas plates.
- The importance of sourcing the best ingredients for the best results
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- Trends from around the world where tapas are being served.
- A Light Lunch is included before the Cookery Demonstration.
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- We run this course several times a yea
Please Note: This afternoon demonstration does not include a practical cooking element.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.