Brunch - that relaxed and deeply pleasurable meal that falls midway between breakfast and lunchtimes on a lazy day. Just the word evokes lie-ins and Sunday papers, the smell of freshly brewed coffee and the anticipation of relaxed socialising and gentle indulgence.
This half day course draws on Darina’s travels to share some of the most delicious dishes from around the world, taking the pleasure of brunch to new levels. Whether you want to treat yourself, entertain family and friends or are looking to develop a brunch offer within a food business, this course offers a world of inspiration and know-how.
What you’ll learn about
• Our Top 10 seasonal brunch recipes. Depending on the time of year, they could include mouthwatering dishes from France, Mexico, America, India, Sri Lanka and the Middle East
• The importance of sourcing the best ingredients for the best results
• Tips for forward planning and saving time
• How to make your food look as good as it tastes
• A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
• A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
• A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
• Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
• We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes.
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.