We have amazingly productive greenhouses here at the Ballymaloe Cookery School. In Summer, they are bursting with produce - tomatoes, cucumbers, beets, sweet peppers, aubergines, courgettes, green beans, peaches, nectaries, figs, fresh herbs... We’ll start the afternoon with a guided tour of our organic farm and gardens. Back to the demonstration kitchen where we will add some meat, fish and spices to create irresistible dishes to share with your family and friends.
What you’ll learn
- Great recipes featuring amazing fresh produce from our Greenhoues. Tomatoes, Cucumbers, Radishes, Sweetcorn and Aubergines.
- A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
- A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide much of the seasonal produce you’ll be seeing.
- A demonstration session, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Rachel will share a wealth of knowledge through her expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
- A delicious tasting plate at the end of the demonstration with all the wonderful recipes.
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- Accommodation available within our grounds and close by
- There’s plenty to do and explore in the area. These summer courses are a fabulous way to spend your summer in the countryside. Learn during the days, eat well and then soak up the surroundings in the evenings
Terms and Conditions
All bookings for a course or event at Ballymaloe Cookery School are subject to our standard Terms and Conditions.