Rory O'Connell has written a new wonderful book called the Joy of Food which is a celebration of just that. For this course Rory will be taking recipes from this new book and sharing the joy of food with everyone on the course.
What you’ll learn
- A selection of delicious recipes and how to make them.
- An understanding of what it takes to create a balanced menu.
- A variety of essential techniques you’ll use again and again
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- Three demonstration sessions, showing how dishes are prepared from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Rory will share a wealth of knowledge through her expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
- Two practical, hands-on sessions in the kitchens, where you can cook 2-4 dishes from each demonstration. With a high teacher to student ratio of 1:6, there’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience. Let your teacher know if there are specific techniques you’d like to master, as seen in the demonstrations
Good to know
- Breakfast and lunch included; eat alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners
- Often you’re able to watch the cows being milked, the sourdough loaves being made and gather produce for the days cooking with the gardeners
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- Accommodation available within our grounds and close by
- There’s plenty to do and explore in the area. These summer courses are a fabulous way to spend your summer in the countryside. Learn during the days, eat well and then soak up the surroundings in the evenings
- We run this course several times a year, varying the recipes in synch with the seasons
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.