Darina loves pies so this course features some of her favourites. Pies are super versatile; great to enjoy with friends, for a family meal, at a party or picnic, or just to eat on the go. We designed this afternoon course to show how easy pies are to make and how creative you can be once you’ve got the know-how.
What you’ll learn
- Make a chicken, game, lamb or seasonal vegetable pie
- Make a pastry from scratch
- Line a pie tin like a pro
- Get creative decorating your pie
- A tour of the organic farm, gardens, dairy and greenhouses, which provide almost all of the seasonal produce you’ll be cooking with
- A short demonstration of the essential techniques to get you started, with your teacher sharing a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips
- A practical, fun and hands-on session in the kitchen, where you will cook your own pie from scratch. Ingredients are ready for you to prep. There’s plenty of support and guidance while you master the recipes, learn to make the most of your ingredients and gain a deeper learning experience
- Once its cooked, you will take your pie home to enjoy
Good to know
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open afterwards for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.