This one day course is the key to liberating you from the potentially fraught annual task of cooking over Christmas. Instead, you’ll be well placed for a stress-free and pleasurable experience thanks to the crowd-pleasing seasonal recipes we’ll share, many of which are designed to be prepared ahead, giving you back that oh-so-important time to enjoy your family and friends. This course is popular with those hosting over Christmas and makes an original gift.
“I attended with my sister in law and we had an absolutely wonderful day from start to finish. I'm telling everyone about it! I can't wait to try out the recipes and will definitely return.” Student feedback
“I didn't expect so much content to be covered, so that was a very pleasant surprise. It was a really enjoyable day and the food was delicious. I've been recommending it to everyone I've met since!” Student feedback
What you’ll learn about
- A combination of traditional and more innovative festive recipes and drinks
- Tips for forward planning and saving time
- How to create a visual feast
- Two demonstration sessions, showing how to cook the dishes from scratch, with overhead mirrors and two monitors showing close-up handiwork. Teachers share a wealth of knowledge through their expert tips and techniques. Students can ask questions and have the opportunity to taste the dishes prepared at the end of the sessions
Good to know
- Lunch is included; eat alongside fellow students, our teachers and gardeners
- Afternoon coffee, tea and homemade biscuits served on arrival
- A pack of the recipes will be provided for your ongoing reference
- Our Shop will be open for further inspiration: cookery books, equipment and select ingredients
- Accommodation available within our grounds and close by
- There’s plenty to do and explore in the area
Please note gallery is a selection of images but may not represent actual dishes featured on the course.